Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Grant's 9 month checkup...


Grant went for his 9 month checkup today and I am happy to report all is well!!! His pedi was VERY pleased with his development (sitting, clapping, babbling etc..) and kept telling me how perfect he was! He is still behind in weight and height, which is to be expected with a preemie, but she was also pleased with his growth from last appt!! He weighed in at 15lbs 12oz and was 26 & 1/8 inches long. He also had to get his foot pricked today to check his CBC level (hence the cute yellow band-aid)...it was fine, but he didn't like the nurse squeezing on his foot one bit!!! Can't say I blame him! His pedi also told me that I should feel very blessed that he hasn't been sick...she couldn't believe he made it through the winter without getting sick! She expressed to me that most preemies visit the Dr. quite frequently in the first several months due to sickness or complications and that she couldn't be more pleased with Grant's health! My heart just fluttered because I know how truly blessed we have been from the moment Grant was born...he has been such a trooper and I thank God for his health!!!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

What a big boy! He always looks so happy. :)

Jill said...

He is sooooo cute! I can't believe how big he is now. Time flies!!!!

Leah said...

Grant is really cute! Glad he is so healthy and happy! Love that sweet smile!