Friday, September 5, 2008

There's no place like home!!

Well, after 3 days and 2 nights at my mom's, we are FINALLY home!! Gustav was not very kind and decided to dump tons of rain our way....this left our road about 5 inches under water with no way out!!! If that wasn't enough...we were stuck here without electricity (only for a day, but with 2 kids that long enough!!). When the water finally went down enough (it was still up to the door on my Tahoe) I loaded up the kids and half the house and headed for mom's! Clint came a little later b/c he was trying to let the generator run as long as possible so our food in the fridge/freezer wouldn't ruin. Being at my mom's is like being at home...the kids love it there, mom cooked dinner, and even gave Clint and I her bed for 2 nights while she slept on the couch with Emma. BUT, since mom works at home now, I was constantly worried that Emma was in her way or bothering her AND it's no fun living out of a suitcase!! I decided to call my house this morning on the way to drop Emma off at school, and to my surprise the answering machine picked up!! I called Clint, who then called our neighbor, and they said it has just come back on about 30 minutes before. I decided to come home and try to clean up the mess we left behind on Wed. before I went back to mom's to get all the stuff we toted over there. We are finally home and as the saying goes....THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!

Thanks mom for allowing us to invade your space...you're the best NaNa!!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Hey! Glad you got to go home. I know that was a relief. We lost power 2 times, but for less than 2 hours each time.

I have started a blog . . .
www.tanton-grimm.blogspot.com

check it out if you get a chance.

Lindsey said...

So glad to hear that! I've been thinking about you guys!